How can you love others if you don’t love yourself enough? To express and share your love, you have to find the love inside you.
One of my inspirations of how to find the love in me and love myself is “How to Love Yourself” by Louise Hay. She gives a lot of practical advice on how to start loving yourself every day.
Steps to start loving yourself by Louise Hay:
1. Stop criticizing yourself – Accept the mistakes you have made and might do in the future. If you don’t make mistakes you don’t grow
2. Don’t scare yourself – Have you ever had a situation in your life that you could not handle? Exactly, no! You can handle everything in your life, no matter what comes your way
3. Be gentle, kind and patient with yourself – Think of your life as a garden: what kind of seeds will you plant to create the garden you want to have? – remember the seeds are your thoughts
4. Be kind to your mind – With every thought we have and every word we speak, we are creating our future and our life. If you are thinking and saying only nice thinks, you are creating a beautiful life for yourself. Be patient with yourself and try to think and say only nice thinks about yourself and about the people around you
5. Praise yourself as much as you can – Tell yourself how well you are doing things
6. Support yourself – Reach out to friends and groups for support
Surround yourself with people who think positively and give you the motivation you need. If you feel that some people bring you down, leave them for your own good, even if it is painful
7. Be loving of your negatives – Negative choices had a purpose to fulfill a need in your life. Every negative experience has something positive. Nothing happens without a reason
8. Take care of your body – Love the “house” you are living in and watch what you are putting into your body. Eat real food! Grow your own little garden